Operational Database Administrator
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Ready for the adventure of your career? Join Teradata Global Delivery Centre (GDC EMEA) in Prague, Czech Republic and start your career as Database Administrator. The Managed Services department of the GDC EMEA in Prague is providing its services to the largest and cutting-edge data warehouse (DWH) projects across Europe.
We are looking for database administrators to perform database and system administration, providing SQL optimization, performance tuning of systems and monitoring of daily ETL jobs.
As Teradata Database Administrator, you will:
- Perform the DBA related tasks in key areas of Database and OS Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting for customers
- Support and monitor ETL jobs
- Incident handling and troubleshooting
What makes you a qualified candidate:
- Experience with databases and SQL (e.g. Teradata, Oracle)
- Linux/UNIX administration and shell scripting knowledge (at least basic)
- Willingness to relocate and work from Prague (Czech Republic)
- Readiness to work in shifts
- Proficient English language (plus French is desirable)
Ideal candidates have these additional skills:
- Understanding of/interest in DWH architecture and ETL concepts
- Understanding of data archive/restore processes and policies
- Understanding of Cloud technologies
- Skills with monitoring, error handling and issue tracking
- Knowledge of another European Language (e.g.: French, German)
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience to actively monitor customer sites
- Provide suggestions on processes improvements
- Collaborate in establishing and maintaining a good relation with customer