Business Intelligence Consultant
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
What You'll Do
This is a project-oriented position in either onsite or offsite situations having accountability for managing client expectations while delivering services and solutions. The Consultant provides technical services related to analysis, design, build, performance tuning, testing and integration of all components of the Business Intelligence solution in conjunction with other project team members on a specific client engagement. This person shall also play a leadership role within the project teams, managing communications with delivery managers and clients as well as a technical lead during development.
Who You'll Work With
- Must be a strong team player who collaborates well with others with different personalities and backgrounds
- Quick learner with the desire to improve skill sets
- Flexible and willing to adapt to the ever-changing business environment.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- BI support - New report development, report maintenance, troubleshooting, performance tuning, etc.
- Interface with other Teradata customers, account teams and technical support staff as needed to resolve complex technical issues
- Provide technical expertise to data warehouse clients that will contribute to innovative business solutions.
- Effectively analyze, resolve and document business problems with minimal oversight from senior management (i.e. accountable for owning and resolving issues)
- Candidate should be experienced enough to support GTM team during the sales process by effective estimations, work planning and P&Ls.
- Effectively multi-task between initiatives and consistently produce quality deliverables requiring minimal QA from peers/supervisors.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively coach and mentor; regarded and sought by more junior staff as a coach and mentor
- Keep current on new/relevant technologies.
What You'll Bring
- 2+ Years of experience with MicroStrategy. This includes knowledge of Installation, Configuration, Development and administration tools.
- Experience in schema designing of enterprise-wide solutions and its expansion in MicroStrategy
- 3+ years of overall BI & Data warehousing experience
- Experience with at additional next generation BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik etc. is preferred
- Strong SQL Skills
- Sound knowledge of GUI interfaces
- Open to cross-training on a different BI tool i.e. Tableau, Power BI, Qlik etc
- Comprehensive Knowledge of Ralph Kimball's Data Modeling Concepts including Transaction dimensions, conformed dimensions and facts, slowly changing dimensions, multi-Star/ Snowflake Schema Modeling, different types of Fact tables
- Experience in Solution Development Life Cycle, including requirements gathering, documentation testing and knowledge transfer
- Good to have experience in Agile practices.
- Good to have experience in additional next generation BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik etc. is preferred
- Good to have experience in Teradata Tools & Technologies
- Good to have experience in one or more ETL tools
- Good to have experience in end-to-end BI solutions and managing complex integration projects.
- Good to have knowledge in design and development experience on scripting languages like Shell/Perl.
- Good to have experience in big data tools & technologies
- Leadership experience (Either Technical Lead or Project Manager)
- Good to have experience in sourcing & manipulation of data in Non SQL / unstructured Databases