Account Executive V
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
What You'll Do
The Account Executive is responsible for direct solution sales (orders and revenue) into an assigned accounts. The person is responsible for the profitable sales of Teradata solution portfolio products including software, ,consulting services, and support services. Specific solutions to be sold depend on industry segment. Responding to demand for our AI/ML analytics solutions with senior business leaders and data science organizations. You will be tasked with identifying and driving sales opportunities from qualified leads to production.
Who You'll Work With
In this role you will lead our approaches into AI/ML Analytics Buying Centers, Line of Business (LoB) Buying Center and Information Technology (IT) Buying center.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Has Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, preferably with 8-12 years of experience selling, consulting and/or developing data models leveraging software & services specifically in the AI/ML analytics space
- Is driven, innovative, a self-starter and strategic thinker with strong executive presence
- Can lead, advise, and advocate for customers and is able to build trusted relationships with customers
- Possesses account management discipline
- Has previous experience selling statistical, machine learning, text, path, AI, etc. Analytic solutions
- Has awareness and comprehension of the latest AI/ML analytics techniques and how they apply to business decisions
- Possesses excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Thrives in teamwork environment, is collaborative and recognizes the value of different perspectives
A successful candidate should be driven, creative, a self-starter and strategic thinker. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers. Ideal candidate would have intimate knowledge/experience that directly resonates with assigned accounts.
What You'll Bring
- Industry knowledge and contacts to uncover opportunities within your assigned account(s).
- Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques
- Articulate the solution in terms of ROI and TCO to the customer
- Utilize team members including post-sale delivery professionals, pre-sale technical professionals, and management to achieve business objectives and mature sales cycles
- Rely on excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain executive-level interaction and customer satisfaction
- Develop new business opportunities and close new account business
- Understand and articulate the value of Teradata Value Proposition