Teradata Operations DBA
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and support 24x7 production as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability for various applications.
- Perform DBA related tasks in key areas of System Administration, Database Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting
- Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning, Strategies defined for backup/recovery techniques, and problem determination and resolution.
- Work in key areas of User Management, Security Management, Space Management
- Workload Management, Backup and Recovery
- System Performance monitoring using Teradata Viewpoint
- Work with Teradata tools like Teradata Administrator/SQL Assistant /TSET etc.
- User, Objects and Security management as per Teradata Best practices
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning.
- Work with Unix commands and do basic scripting.
- Work on Backup and restore process using Veritas netBackup(TARA)/netvault/Tivoli etc.
- Managing/maintaining lower environments like Development/QA boxes
- Troubleshoot FastLoad / Multiloading/ FastExport/ BTEQ/ TPT and should be good at error handling
- Coordination of Software/Hardware Upgrade Activities
- Working with TASM/TDWM.
- MVC, Capacity planning and performance Management
- PDCR Reporting and Analysis
- Project Deliverables, Automations
- Follow ITIL processes.
- Will have direct interaction with customer/vendors.
- Be a good team player and able to mentor small groups.
- Manage Customer Meetings and Co-ordinating with Teradata GSC
Who You’ll Work With
Teradata is growing our Global Consulting team and we’re looking for individuals that exemplify our principle of Customer Obsession through operational excellence, leadership, and a passion to continually be the voice of the customer. If you are interested in working in a dynamic and fast paced environment where you can directly influence the outcomes of consulting services, then this is the place for you. You will work as Teradata Operations DBA and directly interact with customers and other stakeholders.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- 4 Year Engineering Degree or 3 Year Master of Computer Application
- 3-12 years of experience as Teradata DBA
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English language
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 support on a rotational basis.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term if required.
What You’ll Bring
- Working experience as Teradata Database Administrator (DBA) on Unix Platforms
- Exposure to backup and restore process using Veritas netBackup (TARA)/netvault/Tivoli etc.
- Exposure to TASM/TDWM
- Exposure to MVC, Capacity planning and performance Management
- Exposure to DWH Env (Knowledge of ETL/DI/BI Reporting)
- Exposure to PDCR Reporting and Analysis
- Hands-on experience in Statistics Management
- Proficiency in Teradata tools like Teradata Administrator/SQL Assistant /TSET etc.
- Hands-on experience using DSA.
- Experience in Teradata Utilities
- Strong debugging skills
- Well versed with ticketing system/production change request/ Incident management
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Preferable experience with Teradata in a cloud environment (public or private) is a plus.
- Preferably working knowledge on Python.
- Preferably understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Preferably exposure to environment where ETL/BI tools such as Informatica, DataStage, Business Objects, SAS, Microstrategy, Tableau, Power BI were an important part of the environment.
- Preferably understand Logical Data Model/Physical Data Model
- Preferably understand Normalization and De-normalization concepts.