At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
What You’ll Do
The Australian Commonwealth Government is accelerating its focus on more effective use of data and analytics to improve business insights and outcomes. This highly strategic focus on “Information Management” in the “Citizen Focused” agencies, as well as security, has fueled unprecedented growth and success within Teradata’s Australian Federal Government operations.
In this role, you will have a distinct emphasis on successfully expanding Teradata’s capabilities and ecosystem across the Services Australia portfolio. To ensure a balanced focus on these areas, specific goals and attractive rewards are attached to the attainment of targets. From a career perspective, this opportunity represents the right company, the right solution, right time, right place, right team. What’s needed is the right person.
Key Responsibility Include
- Results and Growth - Orders and Revenue goal attainment, achieve specific Key Sales Objectives within the assigned existing Account, continuously build a pipeline of opportunities for services and technology.
- Strategic Prospecting and Account Planning - Research the prospective organizations to be able to develop the value proposition for Teradata solutions, utilize a structured approach for identifying and measuring the quality of potential new business, map out the key players in the account and determine sales strategy, understanding of political relationships and their impact on buying behaviors within the prospect account in order to determine appropriate sales approach for each level within the organization.
- Reporting, Administration, and Training - Complete, lock-off and submit a monthly outlook as required based on the fiscal calendar, build, and manage pipeline within Salesforce to meet and exceed reporting standards.
- Account and Opportunity Management - Develop and maintain a Territory Plan for the assigned New Business Territory in accordance with the established Territory Plan template, territory Plan to be in place and complete in all areas within three months of start date. Develop and maintain an Account Plan for all Managed Prospects in accordance with the established Account Plan standard.
Who You’ll Work With
You will work closely with both regional in international Directors, work with Consulting and Partners to deploy post PoC / PoVs and create supporting proposals as well as you will play a key role in evolving the capabilities of the GTM organization.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- 10 years + Solutions Sales or closely relevant other experience.
- Experience in selling complex technology solutions advantageous, i.e. ERP solutions and bundled hardware, software, professional services and technical services.
- Knowledge across Business Intelligence, Data warehousing and CRM is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in building, elevating and nurturing relationships within key prospects resulting in new customer business.
- Understanding of and success in a sales environment that requires creation of capital expenditure plans and budgets.
What You’ll Bring
You are customer focused with an innovative and resourceful mindset. You will bring a high degree of energy and initiative, along with being self-motivated and competitively driven. A security clearance would be desirable, but a sensitivity about the data and solutions we provide is mandatory.