Technical Support Engineer
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
What You'll Do
Are you a problem solver? Do you like fast-paced technical environments that allow you to work with customers, field representatives, and engineers? If so, a position as a Technical Support Engineer at Teradata Tijuana is a great fit for you.
Teradata Technical Support Engineers work with our Fortune-500 Clients to solve technical problems they encounter with our Cloud Analytics and Database tools. Along with incident management and initial problem-solving capabilities for the world’s leading analytics platform and database, you will provide technical/functional knowledge necessary to resolve customer problems.
On a daily basis you will:
- Apply search tools to identify previously developed solutions and recognize patterns and symptoms
- Research information and gather analysis
- Identify and share known solutions from the knowledge base
- Help end-users implement solutions
- Track, monitor and maintain incident progress of remote tools
Who You'll Work With
As a Technical Support Engineer at Teradata Tijuana, you will partner with customers and perform troubleshooting activities that include isolating technical problems and working with Product Support Engineers to resolve customer issues. You will play a key role in communicating the solution to the Customer via incident management and case-handling systems. You will develop and maintain a working knowledge of current hardware, software, firmware, processes, and tools.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Knowledge of Support Center procedures and troubleshooting protocols
- Knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, and other current operating systems
- Knowledge of Teradata support tools including the installation You are required to have both strong technical and interpersonal skills.
- Current USA B1/B2 Visa Required (or ability to obtain as a condition of employment)
- Fluent in English & Spanish (Effective oral and written communications skills required)
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years of Technical Support related experience
What You Will Bring
Work schedule flexibility required (Work set schedules including weekends and holidays)