Customer Success Manager
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
What You’ll Do
- Increase organizational agility being the primary-point-of-contact in the delivery life cycle for Education/Product awareness, Product Management, and delivery teams.
- Advocate Teradata to drive success across multiple customer outcomes.
- Complete assessments of customer analytical environment based on business and technical needs and provide recommendations to drive improved performance and service experience, increasing Teradata value delivery perception.
- Manage and curate existing customer relationships leveraging strong relationships, at different levels, to drive business growth, customer value, satisfaction, and retention within the assigned accounts.
- Inspire confidence and drive utilization of Teradata products and services through onboarding, education, strategy sessions and workshops, to ensure the customer is successful in their adoption of Teradata technology.
- Increase feature adoption of Teradata software by positioning new features and capabilities to enhance current and new data and analytical applications, delivering additional customer outcomes.
- Collect customer intelligence (e.g., consumption, workload types, competition, tactical and strategic insights, etc.) contributing to enhance Teradata’s account strategy & plan.
- Identify customer goals and objectives and map them into the success plan to ensure clear alignment between account strategy and customer outcomes.
- Continuous engagement with the customer, ensuring any risks are identified as early as possible (early warning indicators) and devise action plans to prevent and/or overcome issues.
- Qualify the customer health, providing awareness to management and defining get-to-green plans with the account team, to turn around customers at risk of churn.
Who You’ll Work With
- The CSM is a member of the account team, working with our customers, who rank among the best and largest in their industry, including leading Financial Institutions, Manufacturing, Telco, Retail, Travel & Transport and major Government entities. They are responsible for assisting customers on their transformational journey, enabled by Teradata technology, while helping them achieve business value and ROI from their investment, resulting in increased value, retention, and customer satisfaction.
- The CSM establishes and enhances customer relationships, that promote retention and loyalty, providing technical expertise and a link to Teradata experts to assist customers in getting maximum value out of their investment in Teradata, identifying growth opportunities for Customers and maximizing customer life-time value for Teradata.
- The CSM will drive proactive actions and insights, at the stakeholder level through, building and maintaining strong relationships with customers and across multiple Teradata teams.
- You will have one or more assigned accounts where you will lead the development of a relevant and actionable customer success plan, and partner internally to ensure successful delivery of related services and support functions.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- BA, BS or MS in business, technical or professional discipline, or equivalent work experience, desirable.
- 5+ years’ experience (depending on level) working in a customer-focused environment, preferably in a technical environment/company.
- Experience delivering and/or supporting data & analytic solutions and services for large and/or complex enterprises & good understanding to Cloud solutions and/or the SaaS model will be a plus.
- Influential and collaborative in a cross-functional diverse workforce.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills, process-driven mindset, and resourcefulness.
- Effective at leading and facilitating meetings and workshops.
- Project management skills, understanding the big picture vision, transforming strategy into results defining the action plan/tasks needed to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Experience with change management skills and stakeholder management practices: influence map, governance, communication strategy, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to understand customer’s needs and provide thought leadership to influence and build trust at different levels, including Executive presence experience.
- Possess the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities across multiple customers, countries, and cultures in a highly dynamic work environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an ability to manage complexity in a frequently changing environment.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills, with the ability to lead any combination of complex internal and external (customers & partners) virtual teams.
- Experience on industry-established rigor for customer relationship processes & tools (e.g., Salesforce, Gainsight) will be of advantage.
- Travel up to 20% is possible for this role.
- Fluent English and French language skills is required.
What You’ll Bring
You should be a results-oriented strategic thinker with a proven track record of long-range planning. A self-starter, who is creative and driven and has strong communication and presentation skills. You possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers, the internal team and previous experience selling data and analytic solutions is desirable. You are successful in collaborating across a matrixed environment and should be innovative and skilled at seizing opportunities and transforming strategy into results.