At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
What You’ll Do
The Cloud Support Engineer is responsible for managing Teradata’s as-a-Service offering in the public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP). The successful candidate will have delivery responsibilities in the areas of cloud network administration, security administration, deployment, provisioning, environment optimization, third-party software support, On premise to Cloud migration support to on-site teams, implementation of Security Best Practices, and analyzing the partner compatibility.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, and creative Cloud Support Engineer, ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
- Manage and support mission-critical/24x7 public cloud environments for multiple customers
- Backup, Archive and Recovery execution of the cloud-based data warehouses
- Throughput monitoring, load balancing, improving the overall system health by optimizing the key public cloud resources
- Working with distributed teams
- Real-time troubleshooting and problem resolution
Who You’ll Work With
The Global Support Organization supports customers using the industry-leading data analytics software platform to uncover real-time business intelligence at scale in Cloud, On-Premise and anywhere in between. We are looking for colleagues with engaging personalities, a passion for excellence in technology, customer focus, and great problem-solving skills.
What Makes you a Qualified Candidate
- Basic knowledge in Public Cloud Services
- Basic knowledge in Linux administration and Shell Scripting
- Basic knowledge on any of the RDBMS like
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Good team player
- Engineering Graduate or 3-year Diploma
- Entry level to a professional job progression
What You’ll Bring
- Understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies,Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
- Understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Understanding of database architecture and modeling, RDMS and No-SQL
- VMware skills
- Any Cloud Certification from either Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- ITIL, CISSP or other relevant certifications are desirable
- 4 Year Engineering Degree or 3 Year Master of Computer Application
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language