Senior Software Engineer
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Who You’ll Work With:
The main building block of Teradata multi-cloud data platform is its SQL Engine. And the heart of Teradata SQL Engine is its best-in-class database group. The successful candidate will join a team of software developers and test engineers. You will be part of an experienced engineering team building a leading multi-cloud data platform.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Three to five years of experience in a related field will be a plus
- Knowledge of computer programming, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, computer architecture and organization, database concepts
- Knowledge of programming skills include Java, C/C++, Linux command line, Linux working knowledge, GitHub, and software IDEs.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience in an Agile development process
- Years of experience in C/C++/JAVA programming
- Developer experience with open source software applications such as Hive, Spark or Flink that utilize OpenTable format for data handling and storage such as Apache Iceberg, Delta Lake and Hudi
- Experience in Database design, SQL
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g., Git) and build automation tools (e.g., Maven)
- Experience with Jenkins to build, test, and deploy software.
- Openness to learn new things and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Delivers commitments on time with highest quality. Demonstrates speed as a habit and has a bias for action.