Account Executive - Financial Services
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
What You’ll Do
- You will be an Account Executive on one Teradata’s largest financial services accounts as part of a wider account team under the overall leadership of the Global Account Director (GAD).
- The role will engage with both new and existing stakeholders within the client to drive ARR (Annual Recurring Revenue) growth-generating opportunities.
- The Account Executive will expand our network of engagement within the client, driving new cases and opportunities with both existing and new lines of business.
- You identify and close new opportunities alongside running with opportunities and expansion plays related to the existing Teradata portfolio.
- The AE will work alongside the GAD developing a structured account plan and execute and develop this plan throughout the year,
Who You’ll Work With
- You will take your direct day-to-day leadership from the GAD.
- You will be part of a large account team and be expected to work alongside the Client Experience team and wider account team to both develop and execute a clear account plan/ strategy.
- The position will report to the Area Vice President for Financial Services.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree (2:1) in a business/science-related field (Marketing, Sales Management, Science) desired
- Ability to travel weekly to the UK Head Office in London will be required with an expectation of driving a significant amount of client-facing and virtual client meetings throughout the UK.
- This role is considered an “early careers” role, and Teradata would encourage any applicant keen to develop their initial sales career with a view to future development and growth.
What You’ll Bring
- You will have a minimum of three year’s experience working in technology-based sales selling to Financial Services clients. This experience will ideally involve selling data and analytics and AI, but more general “aaS” Cloud and services candidates will be considered.
- Demonstrated results - please outline your quotas/achievements in your application,
- Demonstrated success in proactively prospecting into existing accounts
- You will have been educated to degree standard. (2:1 minimum)