Manufacturing Project Engineer
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
What You’ll Do:
At Teradata, we proudly set the industry standard for client and customer satisfaction. With our detailed approach to project planning and management, we produce the highest-quality deliverables on time, every time. We’re currently seeking a distinguished manufacturing project engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate is highly trained in engineering and has a track record of success in project or program management. This person must be an outstanding communicator, exceptional leader, and even better strategist. The project engineer will ultimately be responsible for maintaining our standards of excellence and delivering projects with the utmost attention to cost, TTM and quality.
- Project Engineering: Planning, tracking, reporting, and escalating to deliver on time with quality throughout project lifecycle.
- Determining project specifications and acquiring the necessary materials for completion.
- Developing scope and parameters for project design and implementation.
- Identifying project responsibilities, delegating phases and elements to the appropriate personnel.
- Inform teams and third-party partners of schedule changes and work closely with all stakeholders to ensure requirements are met.
- Process Management: Ensure Lean Manufacturing processes are in place (and if not, drive process development and deployment), ensure processes are measurable, and drive continuous improvement.
- Manage compliance with standards and specifications for quality control and assurance. Ensure documented compliance with required standards such as ISO 9000.
- Equipment Management: Manage Loaners and Capital acquisitions. Manage equipment allocations across teams.
- Oversee budgetary, scheduling, and project databases, and report regularly to project manager on progress as well as on problems that could significantly affect cost or schedule.
Who You’ll Work With:
On our team, we evaluate, design, release to manufacturing, and provide lifecycle support for on-premises MPP systems. This is a small team dedicated to the success of the hardware platforms used to deliver scalable enterprise analytics for our customers. You’ll be reporting to the Sr. Manager of platform products and working with the platform project manager for work assignments.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate:
- Four or more years of experience in project management, project engineering, or project planning (scope, schedule, cost, quality)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with processes for engineering change request (ECR) and engineering change order (ECO)
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in engineering or related field.
- Experience with computer system components including processor, memory, storage, and adapters.
- Understanding of regulatory compliance and quality assurance guidelines and best practices