Senior Software Engineer III
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
What you’ll Do:
- Design and implement Cloud services that manage the infrastructure and control plane on the public cloud platforms.
- Implement automations to provision, configure, manage and monitor Teradata Cloud services, sites and offerings.
- Develop threat models to ensure the Cloud platform services are secure and meets our compliance standards.
- Be part of an on-call rotation to support production systems.
Who You’ll Work With:
We are the Cloud Engineering team within a Product Engineering Organization made up of architects and senior engineers collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate:
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, or related field involving coding/automation or equivalent experience.
- 5 + years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages.
- Interest in coding and fixing large-scale distributed systems. Strong debugging skills with systematic problem-solving approach to identify complex problems.
What You’ll Bring:
- Proficiency in one or more programming language: Python, Java, Golang
- A deep understanding of database, cloud, network, and infrastructure security
- Knowledge with Public Clouds: AWS, Azure, and/or GCP
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) languages, such as, Terraform, CloudFormation, Helm, Ansible, etc.