Senior Salesforce Developer
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
As a Senior Salesforce developer, you will be accountable for the technical solution and implementation from commencement through completion of projects. You will provide consultative guidance and design the overall solution based on Salesforce and industry specific best practices. The role is on hands-on development. This role also entails establishing and supporting best practices around instance strategy, technical governance, core data, integrations, and the overall technical health of the platform. This role will be primarily called upon to perform configuration and/or development on the platform.
What You’ll Do
- Define and build solutions across the platform that align to out of the box capabilities driving high business value.
- Develop strong relationships with business partners and development teams to partner and plan the vision and how Salesforce supports Teradata's digital transformation journey.
- Lead and develop on Salesforce platform.
- Responsible for analyzing and translating business information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve complex business objectives.
- Partner with Teradata Enterprise Architecture team
- Drive solid instance health by reviewing and guiding the remediation of configurations that do not align to Salesforce best practices.
- Provide knowledge transfer and training to application support personnel and business stakeholders.
- Design and implement solutions as defined by SOWs and plans.
- Provide subject matter expertise pertaining to design, development and implementation within the Salesforce platform.
- Proactively identify potential issues and work through resolution with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide technical guidance and serve as an escalation point for the extended Salesforce team.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the latest Salesforce features and product offerings.
- Driving continual service improvement through establishment of best practices, reusable assets and refinement of the implementation processes.
- Determine how best to leverage tools and techniques involving infrastructure as scripting, configuration management, automated testing, and other DevOps techniques to improve delivery quality, speed and experience.
- Generate and maintain technical design and configuration documents.
- Network with key contacts and stakeholders internally and externally to drive process and efficiency in implementations.
- Troubleshoot issues, perform root cause analysis and provide solutions for problems.
- Actively take ownership to address issues and solve problems, understanding up and downstream impacts and designing/delivering solutions appropriately.
- Lead design review sessions and create architecture artifacts.
- Represent the Salesforce team to the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure 360 degree technology alignment and strategy
Who You’ll Work With
This role will report into the Salesforce Solution team within the global Teradata IT Department and interface with business partners (GTM/Sales, GCS, & Marketing) and other Salesforce platform stakeholders, enterprise and solution architects, project managers, and onshore / offshore development teams.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Technical consulting experience, as an employee or technology consultant.
- Previous fortune 500 or OEM Software or Cloud architect.
- Demonstrated career progression (Technical).
- Experience working with functional business leaders in the sales, go to market, and marketing space.
- Experience identifying business objectives and deconstructing them into Epics.
- Experience working with large organizations.
- Experience architecting Salesforce platform and Salesforce ecosystem technologies.
- Experience with FinancialForce a plus
- Directly related Salesforce certifications
- 4+ years large program experience leading architecture and design.
- 3+ years as a developer on a large program implementation.
- Applicable Salesforce architect certifications required.
What You’ll Bring
An ideal candidate will have achieved a senior level position as a Salesforce Senior Developer with a successful track record in technology consulting as well as an internal employee, focused on technology strategy, governance, data and solution design. They will have demonstrated the ability to become a trusted advisor to business partners and facilitate successful business outcomes through well planned and highly valuable technology solutions.
- Minimum 5+ years of professional IT experience
- 3+ years of advanced Salesforce administration, configuration, integration and development experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers and all functional team members
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields or equivalent professional experience
- Agile methodology practitioner.