At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
What You’ll Do
France Data Engineering Consultants bring a wide variety of technical expertise and experience to our customers. They have demonstrable knowledge of data ecosystems, supporting technologies and services.
The Data Engineer will specialise in the development of data acquisition processes, the design of resilient data pipelines, and the integration of data into data models. This individual must have the skills necessary to understand the overall data warehouse architecture. The Data Engineer designs and builds the ETL environment with the specific toolset required by the client. They participate in making decisions on database design and overall solution architecture. The role demands adaptability and the ability to step-up and take ownership of project deliverables when needed.
Who You’ll Work With
The role holder will be passionate about data, the constant evolution of data technologies, and its increasingly pervasive influence in the way our customers operate. They will have experience in data related projects and a grasp of how data is employed in modern organisations. They will be expected to engage with customer stakeholders and provide guidance in the areas of data management, data modelling, solution design, and cloud architecture. Knowledge in areas such as DataOps, DevOps and Cloud Migration as well as demonstrable experience with one or more public cloud platforms would be an advantage.
This role is client facing and as such significant travel may be required.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- A well-rounded individual with consulting experience.
- Strong SQL and data analysis skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working in the project environment.
- Knowledge and experience of the Teradata technology stack.
- Able to actively support customer meetings and workshops.
- The potential to step up to more senior project roles when required.
- Technical solution analysis and design.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the data domain as well as wider technology trends and developments.
- Able to contribute to the design, development, and delivery of client solutions from definition phase through implementation.
- Works to become a go-to person for both the customer and Teradata team for ideas, advice and guidance.
- Communicate and promote standards continual improvement of best practice.
- Ability to clearly communicate solution design and approach with client technical and business stakeholders.
- Takes a proactive role in identifying new consulting opportunities and communicates them with the project team.
- Challenges self and others to his/her fullest potential.
- Contributes to lessons learned and sharing those lessons with team members.
- Develops productive relationships with customer stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively to identify needs and suggest alternative approaches or technical solutions.
- Fluency in English and French.
What You’ll Bring
- Experience of the full lifecycle in a variety of software development methodologies. Agile, DevOps, CI/CD.
- Automation/Application Development/ Scripting (i.e. Java, shell scripting), Jenkins/Others, Git/SVN/Others
- Knowledge and experience with latest tools and technologies in Data and Analytics domain including open-source tools
- Good communicator with both business and technical stakeholders. Able to adapt communication style to the needs of different audiences.
- Sound understanding of database concepts and different database design techniques.
- Awareness of database standards for security, coding, templates, connectivity and source control.