At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
What You’ll Do
This role requires a candidate with strong product management, technical, and analytical skills using data-driven approach(es) and a passion for driving business results. This role will include interaction with our customers, go-to-market sale, and cross-functional product teams.
- Drive the modernization of our platform, tools, and analytics suite to enable customers to migrate to the cloud
- Work closely with program management, UX and engineering to drive seamless execution by highlighting dependencies and risks
- Interface with customers & partners to evangelize products and develop a deep understanding of customer feedback to incorporate into the roadmap
- Take product capabilities through their end-to-end lifecycle to ensure continuity and efficiency for customers
- Interface with the developer and open source community to ensure products are built to satisfy their needs
Who You’ll Work With
The Product Management team drives the vision and roadmap for Teradata offerings in public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud), cloud database, and advanced analytic engines. We work cross-functionally across most parts of the business to deliver outcomes that matter to our customers, our company, and our team. We work as a team and are outcome driven. Teradata is seeking a passionate, highly motivated, and experienced product manager to modernize many aspects of our product portfolio. As a member of the Product Management Team, you will be shaping the way customers experience and work with the Teradata suite of products.
This position will report to the Director of Product Management.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
The dynamic nature of our high growth business means that the successful candidate loves the challenge of constant change and easily adapts to shifting business priorities.
- 0-2 years of product management experience in a growth industry
- Knowledgeable about Public Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and product best practices
- Ability to use information to develop problem statements, analyze scenarios, and develop solutions
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Good communicator who is able to speak to team members of all levels
- Desire and ability to learn (quickly!), adapt and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong bias for action with a willingness to challenge the status quo
What You’ll Bring
- Good understanding of Teradata Vantage product portfolio
- Exposure to Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) methodologies
- Understanding of market research methodologies
- Desire to learn and grow in a product management business career
- Exposure to a data visualization tool(s) like PowerBI / Tableau
- Advanced MS Excel & PowerPoint Skills
- Technical or business undergraduate degree
- Familiarity with Salesforce, ServiceNow, Aha!, and JIRA applications and tools
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.