Senior Analyst Relations Manager
Requisition Number: 217692
What You'll Do
Teradata is seeking an experienced, passionate Sr. Analyst Relations Manager. You’ll have the opportunity to innovate, develop, and own AR initiatives from strategy to execution.
- Build and foster relationships with influential industry analysts, including Forrester, IDC, and other key analysts, through strategic advisory sessions, inquiries, our annual Analyst Summit, and face-to-face meetings at industry events or conferences.
- Manage incoming analyst requests, coordinate briefings and inquiries, and identify opportunities for engagement and amplification of Teradata’s story beyond our core group of analysts.
- Oversee Vendor Evaluative Reports such as Forrester Waves and IDC MarketScapes. Create necessary content to support all evaluations and research, managing the overall process internally.
- Seek analyst input and guidance, ensuring a clear understanding of our corporate and platform vision, strategy, value proposition, and product strategy.
- Work closely with product marketing and product management to incorporate analyst feedback and research findings into product positioning and roadmap.
- Stay ahead of industry trends, competitive landscapes, and analyst research agendas. Provide insights and recommendations to internal teams.
- Assist with internal requests for analyst research and insight.
- Orchestrate and execute a best-in-class Analyst Summit.
- Internally communicate and educate on our Analyst Relations (AR) strategy. Collaborate with the AR team to build and operationalize an Analyst Relations Center of Excellence.
- Work with cross-functional teams, including communications and marketing, to create and distribute analyst-authored content. Develop whitepapers, case studies, research, and thought leadership pieces aligned with and enhancing Teradata’s market presence and leadership.
Who You'll Work With
You will report to the Global Head of Analyst & Influencer Marketing. Collaborating with the global marketing team and cross-functional groups, you'll work with key leaders and partners, sharing Teradata's story to establish its position as the leading AI platform company.
What Makes you a Qualified Candidate
- 10 or more years of experience in a high-tech analyst relations role.
- Track record demonstrating successful AR program leadership, including management of major evaluations, spokesperson training, securing stakeholder buy-in, and actioning inbound insights from analysts.
- Successful track record of participating in Gartner Magic Quadrant, Forrester Wave, and IDC MarketScape reports.
- Existing relationships with Data Science and Machine Learning as well as Database Management industry analysts.
What You'll Bring
- Ability to juggle multiple, high-detail, deadline-sensitive projects.
- Ability to confidently host analyst interactions virtually and in person.
- Experience partnering with executive leadership on high-priority projects.
- Travel up to 20% to manage company presence at analyst conferences, meet with analysts and influencers and engage at AR community events.
- Courage to take initiative, address problems, make continuous process improvements, and advise the business with recommendations gained from analyst engagement.
- Experience with high-growth cloud, big data, data analytics, data warehouse, machine learning, or AI technologies.
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Analyst Relations Manager
Job Category: Marketing
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US