Director, Customer Success
Requisition Number: 217895
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the cross-geography/team alignment, development, training and deployment of best practices.
- Drives strategy for Customer Success to enable a team to focus on growing adoption of Teradata capabilities, increase customer satisfaction, and secure renewals.
- Lead and mentor a team of Customer Success Managers
- Accountable for the recruitment, hiring and on-boarding of high caliber talent who are passionate about developing customer relationships while shaping and supporting Teradata’s transformation.
- Developing and implementing Customer Success across multiple delivery channels, including high-touch, virtual, and digital.
- Develop strong working relationships across internal functions, to include Strategic Offering Management, Consulting, Customer Services, Pricing, Product Management, Sales Enablement, Marketing and Finance.
- Deliver high-impact presentations and related customer interaction support on top priority customer success opportunities, when needed.
- Contribute to collateral development by providing insight and feedback relative to customers’ critical business issues and solutions opportunities.
Who You'll Work With
Teradata is seeking a leader with outstanding technical, managerial and business skills to enable and drive the Customer Success team. In this role, you will lead the growth and development of our Customer Success Managers (CSM) while partnering with local GTM leadership to establish strategic plans and objectives in order to achieve customer success and sales goals. The successful candidate will define and build foundational practices that allow Teradata to deliver world-class engagement with our most critical customers.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- 5+ years of experience managing a team in customer-focused organizations, including demonstration of interfacing with C-level executives
- Demonstrated expertise leading strategic initiatives to operationalize and optimize pre-sales technology and architecture centric sales objectives
- Interest in and previous experience with Data Analytics organizations, experience with Teradata required.
- Domain expertise with cloud and experience with cloud architectures (AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle, IBM, Teradata)
- BA or BS in Business or Computer Science, or related field
What You'll Bring
- Previous blend of experience in sales, business development, and services delivery for a SaaS solution is highly desirable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, environment, requiring superior skills in critical thinking, influencing, and managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas
- Deep technical understanding of analytic systems
- Obsessed with being customer-focused
- Technical sales / presales / customer success experience
- Ability to develop customer relationships from individual contributor to senior business leaders
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Leadership to drive directly and indirectly aligned teams to deliver
- Comfort with ambiguity, but ability to drive to clarity
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Customer Success
Job Category: Sales
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: VIRTUAL, California US