Senior Salesforce Technical Architect - ITP
Requisition Number: 217915
What You'll Do
We are seeking an outstanding, experienced senior Salesforce developer and technical architect to help operate, improve, and expand the Salesforce implementation that is used to manage the workflow Teradata’s Sales, GTM and GCS operations. Candidates must have strong skills in Salesforce development, including building an API for external users, and be ready to quickly get to work within a multidisciplinary team.
As a Senior Salesforce technical architect, you will be accountable for the technical solution and implementation from commencement through completion of projects. You will provide consultative guidance and design the overall solution based on Salesforce and industry specific best practices. The role is a combination of technical advisory and hands-on development, responsible for helping our stakeholders to adopt solutions that drive business outcomes and gain return on investment in the Salesforce platform. This entails establishing and supporting best practices around instance strategy, technical governance, core data, integrations, and the overall technical health of the platform. This is primarily a technology design and solution consultative role in nature but may sometimes be called upon to perform configuration and/or development on the platform.
An ideal candidate will have achieved a senior level position as a Salesforce Senior Developer / Architect with a successful track record in technology consulting as well as an internal employee, focused on technology strategy, governance, data and solution design. They will have demonstrated the ability to become a trusted advisor to business partners and facilitate successful business outcomes through well planned and highly valuable technology solutions.
- Develop strong relationships with business partners and development teams to partner and plan the vision and how Salesforce supports Teradata's digital transformation journey.
- Lead and drive Salesforce solution architecture
- Responsible for analyzing and translating business information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve complex business objectives
- Establish and manage technical governance processes
- Partner with Teradata Enterprise Architecture team
- Drive solid instance health by reviewing and guiding the remediation of configurations that do not align to Salesforce best practices.
- Provide knowledge transfer and training to application support personnel and business stakeholders
- Define solutions across the platform that align to out of the box capabilities driving high business value
- Design and implement migration solutions as defined by SOWs and migration plans.
- Provide subject matter expertise pertaining to design, development and implementation within the Salesforce platform.
- Proactively identify potential issues and work through resolution with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide technical guidance and serve as an escalation point for the extended Salesforce team.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the latest Salesforce features and product offerings.
- Driving continual service improvement through establishment of best practices, reusable assets and refinement of the implementation processes.
- Determine how best to leverage tools and techniques involving infrastructure as scripting, configuration management, automated testing, and other DevOps techniques to improve delivery quality, speed and experience.
- Generate and maintain technical design and configuration documents.
- Network with key contacts and stakeholders internally and externally to drive process and efficiency in implementations.
- Troubleshoot issues, perform root cause analysis and provide solutions for problems.
- Actively take ownership to address issues and solve problems, understanding up and downstream impacts and designing/delivering solutions appropriately.
- Lead design review sessions and create architecture artifacts.
- Represent the Salesforce team to the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure 360 degree technology alignment and strategy
Who You'll Work With
This role will guide multiple development teams throughout Teradata to deliver Salesforce platform solutions and implement best practices using highly collaborative technology review and planning sessions supported by detailed solution architecture artifacts. This role will report into the Salesforce Solution team within the global Teradata IT Department and interface with business partners, other Salesforce platform stakeholders, and onshore / offshore development teams.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields or equivalent professional experience
- Directly related Salesforce certifications, Applicable Salesforce architect certifications required
- 4+ years large program experience leading architecture and design.
- 3+ years as a developer on a large program implementation
- Minimum 5+ years of professional IT experience
- 3+ years of advanced Salesforce administration, configuration, integration and development experience
What You'll Bring
- Technical consulting experience, as an employee or technology consultant.
- Previous fortune 500 or OEM Software or Cloud architect.
- Demonstrated career progression (Technical, Architecture).
- Experience working with functional business leaders in the sales, go to market, and marketing space.
- Experience identifying business objectives and deconstructing them into Epics.
- Experience working with large organizations.
- Experience architecting Salesforce platform and Salesforce ecosystem technologies
- Experience with FinancialForce a plus
- Additional architect certifications (Togaf, IT4IT, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers and all functional team members
- Agile methodology practitioner.
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: 000 Virtual
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Salesforce Technical Architect – ITP
Job Category: IT
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US