Software Engineer, Sustaining Engineering
Requisition Number: 217910
What You'll Do
Teradata Software Engineers in Sustaining Engineering are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support related assignments to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success. Teradata have three level of expertise to handle the customer issue related to Teradata software. Sustaining engineering is the highest level of expertise. This individual is responsible to give final resolution for the customer issue.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Product / problem analysis to get to root cause of defect in Teradata database software.
- Implement software fix, perform tests and merge into code base for software defect reported in DR (Discrepancy Report) or JIRA.
- Interface into other organizations (internal and external). Ability to maneuver cross-organizationally and demonstrate a high-level of professionalism. Ability to deliver succinct and concise presentations.
- 24x7 operation may require working alternate shifts or being part of an on-call rotation
- Global organization
- Some travel will be required
- International travel may be required
The ideal candidate is an acknowledged Teradata expert with strong interpersonal and communications skills, excellent analytical skills, ability to plan and organize. The successful candidate will have the ability to lead, mentor and transfer knowledge to others. They will have experience in high performance computing environments.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- BS in Computer Science or other technical discipline with 1-2 years of related experience or Master’s in Computer Science with 0-1 years of related experience
- Good understanding of database product
- Experience in Teradata or other database product best practices
- Experience with or knowledge of software structured as a collection of processes using message system primitives
- Ability to understand and work with complex software and parallel processing.
What You'll Bring
- Working experience of SUSE LINUX operating systems
- Considerable experience programming with C and C++ programming language
- Considerable experience programming with Java programming language
- Considerable experience programming with Python programming language
- Considerable experience of system software programming
- Experience analyzing data
- Closed Loop/Corrective Action experience
- Experience with application programming
- Association with a development environment
- SQL experience
- Good language skills and writing ability
- Cultural awareness
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: SAN DIEGO
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer, Sustaining Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: SAN DIEGO, California US