ITIL Business Process Owner
Requisition Number: 217795
What You'll Do
The ITIL Business Process Owner is a critical role within the Global Customer Services (GCS) organization. You will define and manage key processes by which we proactively and reactively respond to and resolve customer service cases across our Global Customer Services, Cloud Operations, and Managed Services delivery organizations.
You will ensure that we implement a fantastic user experience in the support portal as a front end to world-class procedures aligned to the guidelines of ITIL. You will provide oversight and consultation to the delivery organizations to ensure we are executing against the processes as defined and always looking for Continuous Improvement opportunities to make the processes better and more efficient for our customers and staff. This role will work with the GCS learning resources to provide training on the core processes across the global organization.
You will have the opportunity to be the Business Process Owner for one or more ITIL modules for our customer facing ServiceNow instance and/or our customer facing support portal. This includes defining and prioritizing enhancements to our tooling in conjunction with IT and ensuring a high-quality customer experience. You should be interested in leveraging automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other modern means to ensure we deliver the best possible service to our customers.
The highly motivated, energetic, and collaborative ITIL Business Process Owner will be responsible for working with all the Support and Operations Delivery teams to ensure the process meets the needs of the customer and to support coordination across organizational boundaries. A successful candidate will be resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented, and analytical. He/she exhibits excellent judgment and has relentlessly high standards and has a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- Oversee and manage end-to-end definition and execution of assigned process area(s)
- Ensures GCS implements world-class procedures in the eyes of our customers while remaining aligned to the guidelines of ITIL
- Works with stakeholders across the organization to evaluate and drive continuous improvement to our core support and operational processes as well as the customer’s experience
- Monitors business performance metrics that measure the effectiveness of our delivery processes and responds accordingly
- Develops, implements, and enhances standard processes and the tools that enable those processes that are consistent with the current and evolving needs of Teradata
- Conducts training and workshops around the process areas and associated technologies. Works closely with GCS Training resources
- Collaborates with the Enablement/Deployment team to ensure appropriate communication is provided to affected stakeholders
Who You'll Work With
You will also collaborate with other Process Owners to ensure synergy among all processes.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Knowledge and experience with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Lifecycle phases, framework, and best practices
- Practical knowledge of analytics and data warehousing
- ITIL certification, ideally ITIL 4
- DevOps certification
- Experience applying Machine Learning/AI to IT and or service delivery
- Agile/Scrum Certification
- Six Sigma, Lean, or PMP certification strongly preferred
- Deep knowledge of the business and business drivers that these processes are intended to deliver
- Demonstrable analytical skills using data to derive actionable insights and drive decisions in a business environment
- Hands-on knowledge of ServiceNow as a Business User
- 5-8+ years in complex cross-functional project/program management role
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated skill at building strong working relationships and influencing both internal and external stakeholders at all levels; has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented, and rapidly changing work environment
What You Will Bring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Background working with multiple areas of a support organization
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: ITIL Business Process Owner
Job Category: Engineering
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX