Staff DevOps Engineer
Requisition Number: 217929
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will leverage your subject matter knowledge and technical acumen to design, develop, and implement services that support our Cloud Shared Services team for our FedRamp environment. We are looking for candidates who understand owning a service from end to end, can prosper in a highly distributed and dynamic environment, and enable fast-paced development and deployments while achieving high availability. Along with systemic discipline, we are also looking for candidates who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment. The ideal candidate will be able to deliver and support the underlying support systems according to our project timeline.
Who You’ll Work With
On our team:
- We develop, deploy, and support multiple Cloud Shared Services systems from network automation and isolation, identity (IAM), secrets management, and cloud service provider governance.
- The Cloud DevOps Engineer is responsible for the development, documentation, and technical support of the network services functions within the Cloud Shared Services team. The role will be instrumental in serving as an integration engineer across the various products in the Cloud Shared Services space within the organization. The candidate must demonstrate proven development experience in automating solutions within public cloud service providers. The candidate should possess the ability to create, administer, and manage solutions integrated within our CI / CD pipeline. The candidate should have experience and knowledge of creating and enhancing automation and monitoring techniques to maintain a proactive approach to solution engineering.
- This role will serve as a subject matter expert for network services solutions deployed in the Cloud Shared Services boundary of our FedRamp environment. This role will report directly to the Director, of Cloud Shared Services.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and /or 5+ years of experience in a Cloud development or operations role.
- Direct experience configuring and using AWS services like EC2, S3, Lambda, VPC, IAM, ECS, Route 53, Dynamo DB, GWLB, firewall solutions, and others.
- Hands-on experience with GitHub or GitLab, Terraform, and/or Ansible.
- Experience related to LAN, WAN, VPN, P2P, and cloud service provider connectivity and configuration options.
- Experience in these areas is a plus: Single Sign-on using: Digested Token, SAML 2.0. & Web Services integrations, application, and network load balancers.
What You’ll Bring
- Solid understanding of the application development lifecycle process, including requirement analysis, quality assurance, design, scheduling, implementation, issue tracking, version control, and deployment.
- Highly skilled and proficient in using development tools with the analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to troubleshoot and provide user support.
- Extensive use and background in Software Defined Networking (SDN) or network configuration automation using Perl / Python, Go, or DevOps tools like Terraform or Ansible.
- High client service ethic and a proven record of delivering exemplary client satisfaction to the team.
- Remains current in industry trends in Information Technology including cloud service provider certifications or programming certifications.
- Ensures expertise in technology relevant to the position; proactively uses most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
- AWS Architect Professional Certification, Advanced Networking, or other network industry certifications are a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN