Human Resources Generalist
People & HR
West Valley City, UT, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2023
We’re Tovala, a food-tech company reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and fresh food delivery, we make it incredibly simple for anyone to prepare and enjoy delicious, home-cooked meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. Through our superior technology, product experience and food quality, we have separated Tovala from the busy pack of other meal delivery businesses. In the process, we’ve amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following and our retention, product engagement and customer NPS are all best-in-class. We’ve raised over $100mm from great investors like Left Lane Capital, Origin Ventures, Y Combinator and Comcast Ventures and have invested strongly in building a unique culture that fosters growth, personal development and camaraderie.
The face of the people team for our production staff and manage their day-to-day HR needs. This person will be super organized and comfortable to help with any and all people needs - from conducting phone screens to having the sometimes needed difficult coaching conversations.
How you'll spend your time at Tovala
- Serve as first point of contact for employee relations issues at assigned facility
- Provide coaching to managers on how to deliver corrective actions, resolve conflict and communicate effectively with their teams
- Partner with our People team and Production leadership to ensure that policies are adhered to consistently and fairly
- Manage all aspects of recruiting by facilitating the sourcing of applicants, scheduling interviews with hiring managers, making job offers, etc.
- Manage the onboarding of new employees at assigned location
- Oversee all aspects of offboarding ensuring a positive employee experience
- Assist with auditing employee timesheets and making updates in our HRIS system
- Help build and implement HR policies, procedures and programs to support our company growth
- Assist with larger strategic HR projects like driving employee engagement and designing production training programs
- Assist with managing workers compensation claims and the return to work process
- You are a very organized person who pays attention to details
- You feel comfortable having corrective action conversations on your own, but know when to ask for support
- You can adapt to change quickly and when faced with multiple priorities, you remain cool as a cucumber
- You communicate well, both verbally and in writing, and understand the importance of confidentiality
- You're interested in startups and excited to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledgeable of federal, state and local employment and labor laws
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- 5-7 years of progressive HR experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- Tovala uses market data, geography, and placement of internal employees to determine appropriate salary. Additionally, we offer all employees real ownership in the company in the form of a competitive equity package.
- Unlimited paid time off (with a minimum of 15 days off you HAVE to take)
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage we really invest in
- 401k with match
- Free Tovala Smart Oven and discounted Tovala meals
- Paid holidays and our winter holiday office shutdown where the offices and facilities close for a week around Christmas and New Years
- Various other perks - recognition programs, continued learning stipend, casual dress code, in-office coffee, snacks and drinks, and Tovala swag
The values we hold dear
Put the team first
We put what is best for the broader team ahead of what is best for ourselves or our immediate department.
Get s#!t done (well)
We celebrate people at all levels for delivering high impact work that expands the bounds of what we’re able to do.
Connect the dots
We engage with curiosity to learn how our work impacts others so that we can problem-solve holistically and work collaboratively.
We share our perspective openly and directly, even when it feels difficult to do so.
Embrace the obstacles
We rise to meet challenges with a sense of urgency, resolve, and optimism.
Champion the customer
We consider and prioritize our customer in all of our decisions
At Tovala we‘re committed to building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here!