Carol Stream, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
We’re Tovala, a food-tech company reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and fresh food delivery, we make it incredibly simple for anyone to prepare and enjoy delicious, home-cooked meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. Through our superior technology, product experience and food quality, we have separated Tovala from the busy pack of other meal delivery businesses. In the process, we’ve amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following and our retention, product engagement and customer NPS are all best-in-class. We’ve raised over $100mm from great investors like Left Lane Capital, Origin Ventures, Y Combinator and Comcast Ventures and have invested strongly in building a unique culture that fosters growth, personal development and camaraderie.
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
Under the direction of the Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Technician will be responsible for inspecting goods produced or procured to ensure they are up to either the company or regulatory body’s standards. Or meet the standard quality expected by the organization or the standard laid out by the prevailing regulatory body, or both. This job involves tasks such as running tests, keeping a record of defects, analyzing products, and overseeing procedures.
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Monitor the production process and product by sensory, weight control, and analytical methods to maintain product consistency and comply with established specifications including color, moisture, pH, weight, size, etc.
- Evaluate all finished product
- Performs and documents all testing with precision and accuracy
- Identify, investigate, and communicate out-of-compliance situations and product standards to leadership team and the FSQA Manager
- Coordinate disposition and/or rework with leadership approval
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 1 year of food manufacturing production/QA experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and quality management systems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal speaking skills
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Able to lift, push, or pull up to twenty-five (25) pounds
- Able to stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
- Comfortable working in hot and cold temperature environments in kitchen, warehouse, and cooler
Tovala is an incredibly smart oven that is paired with a companion meal delivery service that makes home cooking easy. We are an established Chicago-based start-up company, experiencing rapid growth and looking for hard-working individuals to help us open a brand new production facility. Playing such a critical role in opening our site allows for opportunities to advance and progress in your career. Come be part of an exciting launch team as we expand our operations out West!
We offer full-time employees (30 hrs+) health, vision and dental insurance, plus 11 paid holidays per year, sick pay & PTO, weekly team lunch, a Tovala oven & discounted meal plan after 90 days of working with us, and company equity that vests over a 4 year period.
The values we hold dear
Put the team first
We put what is best for the broader team ahead of what is best for ourselves or our immediate department.
Get s#!t done (well)
We celebrate people at all levels for delivering high impact work that expands the bounds of what we’re able to do.
Connect the dots
We engage with curiosity to learn how our work impacts others so that we can problem-solve holistically and work collaboratively.
We share our perspective openly and directly, even when it feels difficult to do so.
Embrace the obstacles
We rise to meet challenges with a sense of urgency, resolve, and optimism.
Champion the customer
We consider and prioritize our customer in all of our decisions
At Tovala we‘re committed to building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here!