People & HR, Operations, Quality Assurance
West Valley City, UT, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
We’re Tovala, a food-tech company reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and fresh food delivery, we make it incredibly simple for anyone to prepare and enjoy delicious, home-cooked meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. Through our superior technology, product experience and food quality, we have separated Tovala from the busy pack of other meal delivery businesses. In the process, we’ve amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following and our retention, product engagement and customer NPS are all best-in-class. We’ve raised over $100mm from great investors like Left Lane Capital, Origin Ventures, Y Combinator and Comcast Ventures and have invested strongly in building a unique culture that fosters growth, personal development and camaraderie.
In this role you will help with all food safety efforts to ensure our facilities are in compliance with company, state and federal regulations, policies and procedures. This person will be extremely detail-oriented and comfortable to help with any and all quality assurance activities - from managing process control document changes to administering training on new safety procedures. Innovation and research are key in this role as we are always looking for new ways to maintain/create a safe and efficient work environment.
- Adhering to health, safety, and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Preparing and implementing quality assurance policies and procedures as well as training manuals, logs, documentations, SOPs, SSOP’s, COAs, product specification sheets, ensuring that all documents meet GMP audit requirements.
- Performing routine inspections of GMP and HACCP programs; ensuring standards and safety regulations are observed
- Maintenance of Chemical Inventory
- Chemical Training for facilities and team members
- Master Sanitation Log upkeep
- Assisting in QA/Sanitation development processes, specifications and controls, making recommendations for improvements as needed
- Conducting reviews of non-conforming material (raw, finished product)-- ensuring product control is maintained and corrective actions are developed
- Managing the third-party audit process; ensuring compliance with audit requirements
- Documenting quality assurance activities and creating audit reports
- Administering training and development programs on quality assurance for the production team
- Understanding and conducting recalls
- Completing special projects as needed
Competencies, Education, Experiences Licenses and Certifications
- You're interested in startups and excited to work in a fast-paced environment
- Food has played (or continues to play) an important role in your life.
- You are a very organized person who pays attention to details
- You communicate well, both verbally and in writing, and understand the importance of confidentiality
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment with a growing company
- Associates degree, Food Science degree or related equivalent degree preferred.
- Sanitation experience is a plus
- 1 to 3 years work experience in related industry
- Working knowledge of tools, methods, and concepts of quality assurance
- Basic skills related to chemical analysis
- Basic skills related to food processing
- Project management skills
- SQF and PCQI Certified
- Chemical Handling
The values we hold dear
Put the team first
We put what is best for the broader team ahead of what is best for ourselves or our immediate department.
Get s#!t done (well)
We celebrate people at all levels for delivering high impact work that expands the bounds of what we’re able to do.
Connect the dots
We engage with curiosity to learn how our work impacts others so that we can problem-solve holistically and work collaboratively.
We share our perspective openly and directly, even when it feels difficult to do so.
Embrace the obstacles
We rise to meet challenges with a sense of urgency, resolve, and optimism.
Champion the customer
We consider and prioritize our customer in all of our decisions
At Tovala we‘re committed to building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here!