Financial Analyst (f/m/d)
wefox is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1300 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimize each individual’s risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan.
We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Financial Analyst to join our dynamic BU Insurance & Distribution Finance team based in Berlin. As a Financial Analyst (f/m/d), you will be reporting to the Head of Distribution FP&A and will play a crucial role in supporting the global and local teams with accurate, timely, insightful information for decision making, facilitating planning and forecasting activities, and contributing to the overall financial strategy of the company.
- Business Partnership: Serve as a trusted business partner for the respective Country Finance organisation, collaborating on various financial topics and providing valuable insights and recommendations.
- Planning and Forecasting: Support group-wide planning and forecasting activities by setting guidelines, consolidating inputs, assisting country organisations with bottom-up planning, and conducting post-planning activities. Ensure accurate and timely financial information for decision-making processes.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and collaborate on the preparation of strategic planning tools tailored to the fast-paced, agile business environment. This includes multi-year plans, deep-dive analyses, and scenario modelling to support effective decision-making and long-term financial goals.
- Performance Management: Prepare monthly Country reviews and Senior Leadership Team decks, providing comprehensive performance analysis, variance analysis, and deep dives. Collaborate with the reporting function to ensure accurate month-end figures and financial reports.
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders such as Accounting, Treasury, Group Controlling to ensure effective communication and alignment on financial matters. Build strong relationships and provide financial insights and support.
- Project Contribution: Actively contribute to projects within the Finance function, bringing your expertise and analytical skills to drive process improvements, enhance financial systems, and support strategic initiatives.
- Process Development: In collaboration with the internal Data & Analytics department participate actively in developing new or enhancing existing dashboards and tools. Identify opportunities for optimization and efficiency gains.
What you bring:
- 3-4 years of experience in an FP&A/controlling position within a corporate environment.
- Master's degree or equivalent in finance-related fields is required.
- Comprehensive understanding and practical experience with full P&L, Balance Sheet, and the month-end close process.
- Proven ability to execute company-wide budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to structure processes and information flows effectively.
- Experience in financial modelling and familiarity with reporting and planning tools such as Lucanet, Anaplan, or similar software.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to addressing challenges.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Knowledge of German is a plus.
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working.
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets.
- Training and Coaching opportunities.
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by a TA Partner.
Your contact person for this role is Jelena Petrovic
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.