Lead Claims Governance Manager (f/m/d)
wefox is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1300 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimize each individual’s risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan.
As our strong Claims Governance Manager, Poland (f/m/d) for the newly created section “Claims Governance” you are responsible for setting Claims governance standards and ensuring their timely implementation for our Polish Insurance Branch.
In this role you will:
- Develop and drive wefox strategy for Claims Governance in line with our global claims organization
- Adhere to and further enhance our comprehensive claims Guidelines and work instructions, standards and processes for the Polish claims manual
- Ensure up to date levels of authorities and system accesses are in place
- Keep claims cooperation guidelines up to date, perform claims reviews (OFR/CFR) and track deliverables
- Proactively assess the potential impact of legal developments on claims the claims area and amend guidelines and work instructions where necessary in order that regulatory, legal and industry specifications as well as standards are adequately applied
- Assess risks and identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability, define and review essential risks of the processes for claims management with regard to compliance, anti-fraud measures and others according to the wefox group policies. This includes the responsibility for the facilitation of the regular ORSA (Operational Risk and Control) self-assessment of all global claims units and the re-assessment of classified risks on a regular basis
- Manage claims governance and quality assurance projects and programs to ensure compliance
- Ensure that the claims business practices and products conform with insurance statutory and regulatory obligations
- Manage reporting requirements, regulatory inquiries and investigate complaints; work with the wefox Insurance regulatory team on issues as needed
- Prepare materials and information required in response to internal and external regulatory audits, data calls and surveys and assist in preparing responsive communication
- Represent claims interests in cross divisional governance related subjects
- Plan annual internal claims review activities
- Conduct claims reviews as the review team lead with a focus on governance, claims management, processing topics and interface management
- Partner with your manager to understand review tools, process, practices and address issues
- University degree in law, business administration or comparable formal qualification
- Advanced command/knowledge of primary insurance business in claims
- Change management skills
- Energetic manager who builds and empowers the Polish organisation in an agile way and apply its diverse skills, perspectives and experiences to achieve common goals
- Experience in forging relationships through coaching, feedback and providing opportunities
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Fluent in spoken and written Polish, business English, further languages are an advantage
- Regulatory/compliance insurance experience a plus
- High level of commitment with a willingness to advance the status quo
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Training and Coaching opportunities
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by a TA Partner.
Your contact person for this role is Natasha Varma.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.