Expert Pricing Actuary (f/m/d)
wefox is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1300 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimize each individual’s risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan.
As Expert Pricing Actuary, you will deliver thorough analytical breakdowns of pricing structures and help build our platform tools and identify specific strategies to improve pricing models.
Your mission is to:
- provide our decision makers and distribution partners with actuarial advice and a clear understanding of current and future technical profitability for P&C insurance products across our European markets,
- support the definition and roll out of the wefox Insurance strategy, building a pricing center of excellence in the Group, and supporting its decision makers with quantitative input on tactical and strategic decisions, and
- contribute to the design and development of the wefox Insurance Product Portal (IPP) with a particular focus on the Insurance Pricing Platform. The IPP is the face of the wefox platform, enabling insurers to launch, manage and analyse insurance products in real time.
You will use analytical reasoning, business acumen, and technical skills to deliver data-driven price change recommendations to continuously deliver incremental improvements. You will have strong cross-functional skills and will be comfortable working closely with Sales, Product and Tech teams. You should be a self-starter who can manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion.
In this role you will:
- Propose and deploy competitive, profitable pricing models for all personal lines P&C Insurance products - for new and innovative as well as classical products.
- Contribute to the definition and execution of the global pricing strategy through MGA distribution to support growth and profitability of the company.
- Collaborate closely with the Insurance Product Portal team, the insurance domain infrastructure teams, design, engineering, marketing, and internal and external stakeholders for the development of the Insurance Pricing Platform.
- Establish guidelines, principles, and processes to achieve a sufficient level of pricing excellence, pricing governance and pricing sophistication for our country organisations.
- Review and improve existing pricing models, with a strong eye on automation.
- Manage the portfolio actively by developing and deploying renewal strategies and portfolio cleaning actions, most notably for our carrier.
- Work closely with the local sales teams to understand the business needs and the market situation and define pricing adjustments accordingly.
- Monitor market, innovation, and actuarial trends with a particular focus on Germany, Switzerland, Poland and Italy.
- Prepare and present pricing initiatives to the Product Approval Committee and other executive leaders.
- Collaborate closely with the Insurance Product Management team for product launches and reviews.
- Collaborate with our Underwriters to improve underwriting techniques, and design tools and methodologies for profitable risk selection.
What you bring:
- 10+ years’ experience in pricing, consultancy, or related field
- Strong knowledge of the European P&C Insurance market and products
- Previous experience with household, private liability and motor products
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar
- Problem-solving skills to deliver quick and efficient solutions
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders effectively and comfortably
- Previous experience with analytical software such as – Akur8, Earnix, Emblem, Radar, SAS, Python, R
- Fluent in English, other European languages are a plus
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working.
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets.
- Training and Coaching opportunities.
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by a TA Partner.
Your contact person for this role is Jelena Petrovic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.