Legal Counsel Platform (f/m/d)
wefox is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1300 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimise each individual’s risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan.
The Legal Counsel will be a key figure in managing legal operations and corporate governance for the wefox Platform. In this role, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice, managing contract and regulatory compliance, overseeing corporate governance, liaising with external stakeholders, and preparing legal and corporate governance reports, all to support the operations and strategic goals of the wefox Platform.
- Legal Advisory: Offering comprehensive legal advice across the business unit, ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Contract Management: Overseeing contract drafting, negotiations, reviews, and ensuring legal compliance in all agreements.
- Regulatory Compliance: Managing legal aspects of regulatory projects, liaising with regulators, and ensuring adherence to applicable supervisory laws.
- Corporate Governance: Implementing and maintaining robust corporate governance practices across the business unit.
- Risk Management: Identifying legal and corporate governance risks and implementing strategies to mitigate them.
- External Counsel Liaison: Managing relationships with external legal service providers.
- Legal Reporting: Preparing legal and compliance reports for senior management of the wefox Platform business unit and wefox Group.
- Policy Development: Developing and updating policies in line with legal and regulatory changes.
What you bring:
- 2nd German State Exam in Law or a comparable law degree from another EU country.
- Additional qualifications such as PhD, LL.M., or MBA are advantageous.
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience in commercial and corporate law, preferably within an international group or law firm. Know-how of SaaS contracts as well as in the area of regulated insurance and insurance distribution is a must.
- Fluency in German and English (C2 level); Spanish and Italian are beneficial.
- Strong business acumen and legal judgement.
- Familiarity with the cultural and legal nuances when working across multiple European jurisdictions.
- Proven experience in managing corporate and commercial matters.
- Effective change management skills, with an innovative and adaptive approach.
- Excellent communication, coordination, and leadership abilities.
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Training and Coaching opportunities
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by our Talent Acquisition Partner.
Your contact person for this role is Shivani Bhardwaj.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.